Kinera Connect Salisbury
Kinera Connect provides an opportunity for parents of children with special needs to come together in a supportive setting to:
- gain information for assisting their children and families
- further educate themselves on aspects of special needs areas
- gain a support network
- and share ideas from family to family
Kinera Connect Salisbury meets the second Wednesday of each month at 6:00 pm at the Emmanuel Wesleyan Church, 217 Beaglin Park Drive. For more information contact: Sarah Edwards (Sarah@Kinera.org) or Julie Vallecillo (Julie@Kinera.org / 443-249-3126).
- September - stay tuned for meeting info!
- August 9 - IEP Binder Prep
- September - One-on-one meetings with Barb Obst on Sept 26
- October 11 - "Puberty & Sexuality Workshop for Youth with Special Needs" workshop by Barb Obst, RNMS, SHNIC -Kennedy Krieger Institute
- November 8 - Update: Maryland Community of Practice for Supporting Families
- December - Winter Break, No Meeting
- January 10 - Kick-off New Year: Family Meeting & Dinner - Hosted & Co-sponsored by BACIL (Bay Area Center for Independent Living) - CANCELED due to low response/to be rescheduled
- February 14 - No Meeting - Valentine's Day & Ash Wednesday
- March 14 - Speaker - Ivy McIntyre, Wicomico Health Dept, Coordination of Community Services Dev Disabilities
- April 11 - No Meeting
- May 16 - Speaker - Anita Disbrow, United Needs & Abilities, LISS Grant Funding
- Group breaks for summer. Stay tuned for new, upcoming meeting dates and topics!
- June & July - Summer break/No meetings
217 Beaglin Park Dr, Salisbury, MD 21801