Kinera Connect Kent Island
Kinera Connect provides an opportunity for parents of children with special needs to come together in a supportive setting to:
- gain information for assisting their children and families
- further educate themselves on aspects of special needs areas
- gain a support network
- and share ideas from family to family
Kinera Connect Kent Island has a new monthly meeting date! Kinera Connect meets the third Thursday of each month at 6:30 pm (unless otherwise specified; all months except July, August and December) at the Kinera Hub location, 115 Sallitt Dr., Suite C, Stevensville, Maryland 21666, located within the Kent Island KRM Business Park. For more information contact: Julie Vallecillo: Julie@kinera.org or 443-249-3126.
- Thursday, October 18 - How to Organize Your Child's IEP/504 Binder for the New School Year
- CANCELED DUE TO WEATHER - Thursday, November 15 - Special Olympics Maryland - Upper Shore: Update on 2018/2019 Programs with Sharon Myrick 2019 Schedule--
- Thursday, January 17, 2019 - Special Olympics Maryland - Upper Shore: 2019 Programs with Sharon Myrick
- Thursday, February 21, 2019 - Open Parent Meeting - No speaker (Please note: the "Puberty & Sexuality Workshop" with Barbara Obst, RN - Kennedy Krieger Institute, has been moved to April 25 due to speaker's schedule.)
- Thursday, March 21, 2019 - "Challenging Behaviors" with Dr. Duane Isava ("Dr. D"), Halcyon Wellness Center
- Thursday, April 25, 2019 - "Puberty & Sexuality Workshop" with Barbara Obst, RN - Kennedy Krieger Institute (Please note change-4th Thursday this month due to spring break holiday)
- Thursday, May 16, 2019 -Sensory Integration with Samantha Offutt
- Thursday, September 19, 2019 - No schedule Kinera Connect; Please see flyer below for the "Basics of IEP and Special Education Law" Workshop. Sponsored by Queen Anne's County Family Support and Special Education Citizens Advisory Committee (SECAC). This workshop is free, includes breakfast and open to all parents/caregivers of children with special needs and disabilities.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 - "Anxiety and Your Child" with Duane Isava, PhD, NCSP and Kareem Ishmail, MA, LGPC of Halcyon Wellness Center (Please note change-3rd Tuesday of the month. Flyer and more information to come.)